Every jewelry piece is a statement on its own, but when mismatched with a certain outfit, the overall style may seem odd, off balance, or too crowded. With our 3 Rules of Thumb, you will perfectly match your jewelry pieces to your stylish Ramadan and Eid outfits.
Rule of Thumb #1: Pair your jewelry piece with the right shape
Earrings come in different volumes and lengths – each piece is beautifully designed, but not every design may suit the shape of your face.
- Any earring style and length, from the Star Hoops, to the Stone Drop Huggie Hoops, or the Letter Studs can work flawlessly with an oval-shaped face.
- Teardrop and dangling earring styles, like our Three Stones Chain Drop Hoops and Line Drop Huggie Hoops work best for a round-shaped face.
- Small hoops and studs, like the Pearl Huggie Hoops, Princess Ear Cuffs, and Lotus Studs work perfectly for a square-shaped face.
Your outfit’s neckline can also interfere with the necklace design you’re planning to match it with.
- If you wear the hijab or decide to wear a turtleneck shirt, then long necklaces like our Stone Lariat Necklace goes well with that neckline. If you plan to wear a shorter necklace, use our Necklace Extension that can help in extending the length of any necklace you admire.
- Short pendants and chokers, like our Pearl Choker, Curb Chain Necklace, and Ruby Heart Ball Chain Necklace, work best with a collar neckline.
- A V neckline calls for a V-shaped necklace like our V Bezel Necklace.
Rule of Thumb #2: Opposites attract!
If you’re planning to wear bright colored outfits, embellished fabrics, and busy patterns, then always go for simple jewelry pieces. The Moon Bracelet and the Mini Birthstone Bracelet are great examples.
When going for black, white, or neutral outfits, then the spark of colorful jewelry pieces will be flawless! The Flower Necklace and Emerald Stone Curb Chain will vibrantly stand out.
Rule of Thumb #3: A balanced stack
When stacking your rings, always consider maintaining the perfect balance. Mixing and matching metal colors can be on point, as long as there’s one dominant color.
Sizes matter too. A thick ring, like our Roman Ring can be matched with a simpler ring as a Rope Ring. The Double Stone Open Ring, the Hexagon Ring, and a Mini Triple Stone Ring, are all considered thin rings and can be stacked together. Add a midi ring to create a balance in position, or you can place our Triple Line Ring for more length.
But before stacking, always remember to keep one bare finger – on each hand.
Written by: Tala Bacouni